I’m sure that you’ve had your fair share of protein shakes. Most people have. This can range from a simple powder mix to some crazy mixture from a smoothie shop. I’m also positive that you’ve had a large selection of healthy breakfast options.
Sure, everything being simple is nice, and it doesn’t always have to be complicated. However, coming across something new is always a good little bump out of monotony.
Ever had breakfast in a shaker bottle? I’m not talking about a smoothie, and I’m not talking about a protein shake. This is something a little different. A different texture, but also packed full of nutrition. It is a breakfast that will leave you full and satisfied.
You will need:
- ¼ cup of dry oats
- -1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 ½ cup Almond Milk (or any other milk)
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (will be best with vanilla)
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of any nut butter
This is a very simple list of ingredients. The oats are packed full of energy and fiber which is great for digestion. The chia seeds will provide fiber, but also a good helping of omega-3 fatty acids for all of your brain functions and heart health. Almond milk will give you that almost creamy texture, which is always better than just plain water. You gotta have some protein powder in there for that protein-packed breakfast. 1 banana to thicken and to provide potassium. The cinnamon and nut butter provide flavor and a little added fat.
This combo is going to fill you up, but also cover a broad area when it comes to nutrients.
- Using a blender, grind the oatmeal into a powder.
- Remove the oat powder, add the milk, the protein powder, banana, cinnamon, and nut butter.
- Blend until almost a liquid texture, more liquid than a smoothie (you may need to add more milk).
- Take your protein shaker bottle, add the mix, and then add the oatmeal powder and chia seeds.
- Rigorously shake the shaker and place it in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge in the morning and enjoy.
- You can even pour it from the shaker into a bowl if need be, but should be perfectly fine to enjoy as a liquid breakfast.
The idea was inspired by overnight oatmeal. The oats and chia seeds will thicken up overnight, giving the mixture a little more texture. This brings in a need to almost chew some, which is good for signalling the brain you are full. Sometimes a liquid shake will leave you hungry. You may even have trouble finishing this breakfast. You will definitely be prepared to take on the day afterward.