These 5 tips to lose weight and lose belly involve only changes in daily habits, which being applied correctly can help you lose 2 to 4 kg per month. It is important to follow these guidelines avoiding getting on the scale every day, as this creates anxiety, making weight loss difficult.
The ideal is to weigh only once a week, always at the same time and should be taken into account if it is during the menstrual period, because during this week it is normal to be a little more swollen, which is reflected in the balance.
The tips below appear in order of importance, starting with:
1. Eat Slowly and Taste the Food
Eating slowly allows when the stomach is almost full, it sends a signal to the brain indicating that it has already received enough food and that it no longer needs to continue eating. However, people who have the habit of eating their brain fast do not perceive this satiety signal, making the person eat in greater quantities, in addition to this, it also reduces the contact time with food and the pleasure of using it better .
Respect satiety is one of the main points to lose weight and avoid weight gain. Satiating the stomach with foods rich in nutrients and fibers such as vegetables, fruits, white meats and good fats, makes the metabolism work better and prevents the feeling of hunger for longer.
2. Drink More Water During the Day
Many liquids must be drunk between meals, as this will help reduce hunger and fluid retention, because the more water you drink the more urine the body produces, and with its elimination toxins are also released that impair the process of loss of weight.
What you can drink: water, coconut water, natural juices without sugar, teas without sugar;
What not to drink : soft drinks, industrialized juices, chocolate drinks and alcoholic beverages.
The amount of water to drink per day varies between 1.5 to 3 L per day.
3. Perform Physical Activity
The type of exercise is not the most important, but if you take advantage of all the opportunities to burn calories whenever possible, it is very important that you practice an activity at least 3 times per week. Performing some daily activities can make a difference, so try:
- Climb stairs instead of the elevator;
- Go for a 10-minute walk after lunch;
- Take the dog for a walk at night.
To increase energy expenditure, try walking for at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week, as it is one of the best physical exercises to lose weight, but also do some resistance exercises to complement the workout.
4. Eat Everything But in Moderation
The body needs all the nutrients, so in the diets in which carbohydrates are banned, the weight increases again shortly thereafter. The best tips are:
- Prefer milk and its skim derivatives;
- Add 1 tablespoon of seeds in juices and yogurts like flaxseed and chia;
- Eat a handful of nuts, such as peanuts or peanuts, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts per day;
- Choose a single source of carbohydrate per meal, giving preference to natural foods;
- Eat a raw salad before lunch and dinner;
- Eat at least 3 fruits per day;
- Avoid the consumption of simple sugars, avoiding drinking coffee, milk, yogurt, teas and juices with sugar;
- Avoid eating after being satiated.
- The consumption of fruits and vegetables several times a day, provide many fibers and vitamins, in addition to containing few calories, favoring the process of weight loss.
5. Don’t be hungry
- Place reminders on the cell phone or in the calendar informing that it is time to eat;
- Always have nuts, natural fruits that are easy snacks to make on the street in your wallet or backpack;
- The best snacks are: fruits, yogurts, carrot sticks, cucumber with crushed avocado and seasoned with salt and pepper, tomato in large cubes with a pinch of salt and olive oil, a boiled egg and nuts.
If it is not possible to make any meal throughout the day, simply concentrate on maintaining the quality of the next meal and use these small snacks if you are hungry. Gradually it is possible to understand that most of the time it is not about hunger but about anxiety.
How to Lose Weight Healthily
If losing weight is very difficult, ideally consult an endocrinologist to analyze if the thyroid gland is functioning properly. In addition to this, a good idea is to consult a nutritionist or a nutritionist to develop an individualized diet adapted to your needs.
In cases where there is a health problem such as gastritis, asthma, osteoporosis or even a limitation of mobility, the guidance and advice of doctors is essential to reconcile the diet with the use of medications and with proper adaptation to the disease, so that in this way it is possible to lose weight by improving the quality of life and not vice versa.