Health

Video shows opossum scurry into Applebee’s, frightening customers

A baby opossum scurried into a South Carolina Applebee’s, panicking patrons and destroying appetites.

One customer in the Columbia restaurant shot video of the surprising entrance and posted it to Facebook.

“Friday night, my husband, my sister-in-law, and I ate at this Applebee’s. Little did we know that the baby possum was dining in also,” Adriane Neico wrote on Monday. “The manager had the nerve to say, ‘no pictures please.’ Well, with that being said, her worries should have been on customer satisfaction. I paid my bill of $36 and left.”

“However, I should have been compensated for this meal,” she wrote. “Who knows how long he was inside of the restaurant? Not to mention all over the drinks I just ingested from the same bar a nasty possum was crawling around on. Probably urinating and defecating all over the place. Needless to say, I’m done with Applebee’s. I hope this post reaches the corporate offices.”

“Oh hell, no…you got to be kidding me,” reacts the woman in her video, while a server nonchalantly works around the animal. Appearing frightened, it burrows into a shelf behind the bar, on a row of cocktail garnishes.

A representative of Applebee’s did not respond to Yahoo Lifestyle’s call for comment.

Elizabeth McGee, VP Operations at Apple’s Mid-Atlantic Restaurants told Columbia news station WIS-TV, “The safety of our guests and team members, as well as the cleanliness of our restaurants is a priority at Applebee’s. This isolated incident occurred following a heavy rain. Immediately when the animal entered the restaurant, the team acted fast to contact animal control, which was able to safely and quickly remove it from the restaurant. The team then took extra measures to thoroughly clean and disinfect the impacted area.”

food items must be thrown out and the area is required to be cleaned and sanitized.”” data-reactid=”31″>Laura Renwick of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “We received a complaint regarding this incident on Tuesday (6/11) and we have been in contact with the facility’s management. In a case such as this, the animal must be removed, all impacted food items must be thrown out and the area is required to be cleaned and sanitized.”

Yahoo Lifestyle was not successful in its attempt to reach Adriane Neico for comment.

Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for nonstop inspiration delivered fresh to your feed, every day.




Source link

Tags
Back to top button
close
Thanks !

Thanks for sharing this, you are awesome !

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!

Close