Hello, my name is Stalin Calvache, Senior Product Manager and Technical Support Specialist for JPI Healthcare Solutions. Throughout my career in technical support, the prevalent quality issues encountered were with large patients and the resulting image. Understanding that this issue exists, JPI has implemented procedures to test the advanced imaging processing engine of our preferred system using JPI’s ExamVue software suite and our 14″ x 17″ wireless Csl detector.
Flat panel detectors have been used for digital radiography for many years now, but using a DR panel that does not require calibration or hardware integration, along with a desired technique reduction for the larger patient, was not available until JPI’s most recent system integration. To verify JPI’s system, we joined forces with a physician and his 280-lb patient who suffers from chronic back pain. Using our ExamVue software and our 14″ x 17″ CsI wireless detector, the technologist took one image of the patient’s Lumbar AP/LAT.
The following are our findings:
- No high techniques. Patient was measured by X-ray calipers.
- No false triggering on large patient — single phase generator.
- No hardware integration — true AED function.
- No double exposures.
- No radiating the patient more than twice on a single anatomy shot
Major factors of ExamVue software include:
- Intelligent image processing algorithms
- User-friendly and easy workflow from start to end
- Short learning curve
- Empowers optimal detector performance
In addition to the 14″ x 17″ wireless CsI detector, JPI also offers the following CsI flat panel detectors:
- 10″ x 12″ wireless
- 10″ x 12″ tethered
- 14″ x 17″ tethered
- 17″ x 17″ tethered