Are you a runner? But Yoga is not your go-to Exercise to Stay Fit? Well, you’re not alone! Many people out there who are fond of running believes that Yoga is not for them. What fears them? Their inflexibility!
Running leads to a great impact on your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints. But, choosing running alone for staying energetic can result in imbalance and injury. With Yoga, you can attain wonderful benefits for your body. Want to know, how?
Here Are 13 Interesting Benefits of Yoga for Runners – Yoga improves your running
- It toughens all the muscles in your body
- It teaches you a better way to breathe
- It makes you flexible
- It helps you recover and rest
- It trains your mind well and extends the mental focus
- It can be customized to enhance your style of running
- It reduces the physical stress caused by running
- It increases your confidence and makes you aware while running
- It eliminates the risk of injury
- It speeds up muscle recovery
- It lengthens the tight muscles
- It improves range of motion and body balance
So, these were some unbelievable Yoga Benefits for Runners you must know about now. Incorporating Yoga into A Runner’s Life has a bunch of benefits than you would have never thought of.
Is Yoga Really Good For Runners? — Know Why?
If you want to achieve your fitness goals with perfection, don’t ever forget that Running and Yoga go side by side. You might see these two as poles apart, but when worked together, they prove to be a flawless combination of a happy and healthy life.
Yoga, here, acts as an ideal complement to running because of its quiet, meditative, and calm features. Running aids in preventing critical diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, but underestimating Yoga won’t be a good idea indeed!
Stilling your mind becomes an important need to maintain peace in life. And this challenging contest can be met with the powerful effects of Yoga.
That was enough for knowing how Yoga can brighten up a runner’s life! Read on to know how-
Essential Yoga Poses for Runners-
1- LOW LUNGE POSE/ ANJANEYASANA-
- Engages your entire body and gives a full range of motion to lower body
- Best pose to stretch out hamstrings, hips, quadriceps, and groin
- Great Pose For Runners, cyclists, and all those who are seated all day
2- DOWNWARD DOG POSE/ ADHO MUKHA SVANASANA-
- Protects from any kind of injury while running, hiking, and walking.
- Ultimate Yoga Pose For Runners to rejuvenate stretch
- Reduces back pain while making your back strong
- Decreases headaches and tension
3- RECLINING BOUND ANGLE POSE/ SUPTA BADDHA KONASANA-
- Stretches knees, inner thighs, and groins
- Energizes the heart and improves blood circulation
- Stimulates abdominal organs- bladder, ovaries, kidneys, and prostate gland
- Relieves the symptoms of menstruation, stress, menopause, and mild depression
4- BRIDGE POSE/ SETU BANDHA SARVANGASANA-
- Excellent Yoga Stretch For Runners
- Strengthens your back
- Improves body posture
- Enhance the mobility of your spine
5- TREE POSE/ VRIKSHASANA-
- Builds balance in the body of runners to develop agility
- Brings the power to focus and concentrate
- Strengthens calves, spine, thighs, and ankles
- Stretches chest, inner thighs, groins, and hips
- Relieves you from sciatic pain and reduces flat feet
6- RECLINED SPINAL TWIST POSE/ SUPTA MATSYENDRASANA-
- Helps your body to rest and restore
- Stretches your rotator muscles and hips
- Releases tension in the lower back
- Reduces tightness in the lumbar region of the spine
7- LEGS UP THE WALL/ VIPARITA KARANI-
- Relieves tension and stress
- Relaxes body and mind
- Improves sleep
- Opens the chest, lengthens the neck and back of the legs
8- HAPPY BABY POSE/ ANANDA BALASANA-
- Stretches inner groin, inner thighs, and hamstrings at the back of the thighs
- Opens up shoulders, chest, and hips
- Important exercise during Yoga classes and Pilates
- Effective Yoga Pose For Runners and cyclists to calm the mind and relieve fatigue
9- TRIANGLE POSE/ TRIKONASANA-
- Simplest Yoga Pose For Marathon Runners
- Works for your calves, knees, groin, hip, hamstrings
- Strengthens legs and core
- Improves balance
- Lengthens key running muscles
The list of Yoga Poses for Marathon Runners is still far away to come to an end. If you love running, work upon these Yoga Poses for Beginners That Helps Runners to reach their fitness goals with ease.
Yoga focus on all those parts of your body where running fails. Also, with Yoga, you can adapt superb breathing habits and improved running efficiency. So, include these Yoga Practices for Runners in your workout routine and fill the gap where running falls short!
FITPASS does a great job at letting you get the perfect body with providing you the Best Gyms and Fitness Studios to Workouts Anytime. Download FITPASS APP for unconditional health and fitness benefits today!