Water is an important natural substance for the body. Our body is made up of around 60% of water.
The brain is around 75% water, the blood contains around 80% and the lungs are nearly 90% water.
We can survive weeks with just the consumption of water. We can get water through fluid (which is the best source), fruit and vegetables. We should avoid too many sugary drinks and coffee as these can suppress the water content due to the high sugars, salts and caffeine which is a diuretic and also our body can lose 1.5 litres a day through our skin and urine.
- Moisten the tissues in our mouth, eyes and nose.
- Regulates our body temperature
- Protects our body organs and tissues, also lubricates our joints.
- Helps prevent constipation, and lessens the burden on the kidneys and liver in flushing out waste products.
- Water suppresses your appetite and reduces sodium build up and helps maintain muscle tone.
- Helps dissolve minerals and nutrients to make them more accessible to the body, and helps carry the nutrients and oxygen to the cells.
- Helps keep our skin for getting dry.
If your body does not get enough water your body will react and look for other sources to get the water such as, from the blood which can cause the blood vessels to become smaller which will make the blood thicker. This will make it harder for the blood to pump around your system. Headaches, heartburn and also arthritis and be triggered by the lack of water.
For more information visit: www.caribveganlife.com
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM →HERE