India’s waistline seems to be growing thanks to obesity. Over 102 million males and 101 million females suffer from obesity. One of the ways to promote weight loss is to boost your metabolism. If you have a high metabolism, your body burns more calories. This helps you burn weight. Following a healthy diet is also very important for your immune system and overall health.
The following are some metabolism boosting foods for weight loss:
1. Eat protein-rich food for weight loss
Protein-rich foods can increase metabolism by 15%-30%. This is because your body needs more energy to digest them. As a result, it burns calories to do so. Proteins can also make you feel fuller for longer stretches of time. This reduces the chances of you overeating or snacking frequently.
Some protein-rich foods that you can consider eating are:
- Nuts and seeds
- Dairy products
If you are wondering about Indian foods that increase metabolism, you can consider paneer, fish curry, chicken curry, and so on.
2. Eat chilli peppers for weight loss
Indians are no strangers to spicy food. Many people munch on green chillies with their meals. However, their taste is not their only benefit! Chilli peppers can help you burn an additional 50 calories with each meal. This is because chilli peppers have a chemical called Capsaicin. This chemical boosts your metabolism.
Capsaicin also reduces the amount of calories your body absorbs from carbs. This can help you with managing weight loss.
3. Drink coffee for weight loss
By drinking 270mg of coffee per day, you can burn 100 calories.
4. Use spices for weight loss
A variety of Indian spices can aid with easy weight loss. This is because they boost your metabolism in different ways. Ginger is a popular spice used in India. It decreases appetite and can help you stick to your weight loss plan.
Turmeric is another highly beneficial spice. It aids your body in many ways. It boosts metabolism, increases immunity, and prevents oxidative damage. All of this can help you feel fit and healthy. This feeling can strengthen your resolve to stick to your weight loss plan.
5. Eat food rich in iron, zinc, and selenium for weight loss
Iron, zinc and selenium are essential minerals. They impact the way your thyroid gland functions. When the thyroid gland functions well, it regulates your hormones in the right way. This, in turn, ensures your metabolic rate is optimal. Certain medical conditions like hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism impact your weight majorly. Therefore, it is essential to keep your thyroid healthy.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Red meat
- Dark chocolate
6. Eat food rich in fibre for weight loss
Fibre plays an important role in regulating your digestive system. It facilitates regular bowel movements. This is very important for a healthy metabolism. Another way that fibre helps is that it makes you feel full. This reduces the chances of random snacking. Including fibre-rich food in your diet can help you burn weight.
- Sunflower seeds
- Rice or brown rice
- Beans — like kidney beans (Rajma)
- Lentils ( Daals)
- Sweet potatoes
What are some successful diets to lose weight?
A fat loss diet can help you lose weight faster. However, many of these successful diets to lose weight can be challenging. This is because they demand strict portion control and can take a lot of time to get used to. Others demand that you only eat specific foods. This can also challenge your willpower.
Some of the successful diets to lose weight are:
- The keto diet: The ketogenic diet has been gaining a lot of popularity recently. It makes your body burn fat for energy. This helps you burn weight. You can eat certain foods like shellfish, avocados, cheese, meats, poultry, eggs, and yoghurt. However, you can only eat specific grams of each per day. Your nutritionist will determine the exact proportion of various foods in your diet.
- The GM diet: The General Motors diet is also a well-known one. This diet can help you lose 5–8 kgs in 7 days. It demands that you eat only specific foods every day. For example, on day 1, you can only eat fruits (apart from bananas) and drink 8–12 glasses of water.
If you are looking for effective things to do for weight loss, nothing beats exercising. Apart from eating foods that boost your metabolism, you can exercise and ensure that you burn weight. Speak to a doctor through Medibuddy’s e-consult before embarking on any diet plan!