When looking for foods that offer you the best diet for weight loss, it is important to understand that not all of the different available calories you come across are created equal. Some are able to help you reduce weight because of their complexity while others just turn straight to sugar and unless you are very active then into fat deposits. Our body processes different foods in a variety of ways through different metabolic pathways. These five antioxidant recipes will help with weight loss:
- Dark Berries such as half a cup each of Blackberries, Boysenberries, Raspberries
- Fresh Unsweetened Pomegranate or Pineapple
- 1 medium sized Fresh Beetroot
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 half a Thumb sized piece each of fresh Ginger and fresh Turmeric
- Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
Egg and Avocado
- 2 fresh Organic Free Range Eggs
- Large Avocado
- Chopped parsley
- Sea Salt
- Roasted Capsicum Flakes
Eggs are full of Protein, Avocado provides fats that allow you to absorb the oil soluble Vitamins as well as fiber and antioxidants.
Slice the avocado in half and place an egg yolk in the hole with a little of the whites, season with sea salt, chopped parsley and roasted capsicum flakes. Then steam until the egg becomes firm and serve
This homemade pizza is one of the top antioxidant recipes it also tastes fantastic
- 1 fresh Cauliflower
- Fresh Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup of fresh Seafood of your Choice
- 1 cup of fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup of fresh Mushrooms
- 1 cup of fresh Tomato Salsa
- ½ a cup of Fresh Chopped Spinach
- ½ a cup of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Process the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles cooked rice. Then mix the eggs into it making a soft dough texture with salt and spread this out on a pizza dish. Bake @ 350C until firm
Spread all the other ingredients over the cauliflower and bake until cooked
Salmon Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- Poach the salmon in a dish with a little white wine, Rosemary and lemon juice
- Very lightly steam the Kale until just tender and toss with olive oil, black pepper and minced garlic
- Stream the Sweet potatoes and serve with Butter or sour cream.
Apple and Queen Garnet Plum topped with Pecans and Cocoa Crumble
- Dice or slice the apples and stew until just tender the mix with the sliced plums in a baking dish.
- Mix together ½ cup flour with a cup of oats, 3 tbsp cocoa powder 2 tbsp honey or Maple syrup and 3 tbsp of butter. Sprinkle this on top and bake @ 350 until browned.
These recipes are high in antioxidants as well as protein while also supplying a good portion of your daily vitamin and mineral needs. They are simple and you can substitute other high antioxidant foods in each recipe if desired, it is the balance and variety that are important.