When it comes to working out, you can probably use a little extra motivation. Sure, it is nice knowing that you will be spending some time on improving your health, but at times your motivation may dwindle. Not everyone is born to wait gym day or another fitness holiday with great anticipation.
Treating yourself to a little something after going to the gym plays a vital role in keeping the fires of motivation burning. Without rewarding yourself, you will be less inclined to invest time and effort and may even stop working out altogether. Here are some ideas on how to treat yourself post-workout:
- A delicious treat — replenishing your energy after a workout is essential. It makes sense to do so while treating yourself to something you like. Now, a lot of people like indulging in sweets or something just as unhealthy. It makes no sense shedding all those calories during the workout only to gain them back anew after that. Why not make yourself a smoothie? Toss some strawberries, blueberries and blackberries with some soya milk.
- Try out the sauna or Jacuzzi — a lot of gyms have saunas and Jacuzzis Normally, both of these facilities should be included in the monthly fee, so it only makes sense to use them. They will relax you and improve the effectiveness of the workout big time.
- Have a massage — another great way to relax after an intense workout is by having a massage. You must know that a massage can significantly aid you when you are doing resistance training. It will make your body less tightened and stressed. Furthermore, it speeds up the recovery process, as it removes waste products accumulated in the body as a result of the workout.
- Stretch out — a thorough session of stretching post-workout is pure heaven for your muscles. Take your time in stretching from head to toe. That way you will relax and unwind after the workout, all the while reducing pain that may follow the next day. Stretching has also been proven to improve posture, so that is something you should indulge in.
- Have a relaxing bath — if your muscles are aching after a tiresome workout, there is something you can do to help them. Soak yourself in the tub as a means to help your body heal. If you add some essential oils to the mix, you can gain some uplifting benefits. It is a perfect post-workout relax session you can do at home.
- Invigorate yourself with a shower — taking a shower is a relaxing experience after an intense workout. It is a quick way to give yourself a refreshing boost that will keep you happy for the rest of the day.
- Go shopping — treating yourself to a new purchase is another way to reward your exercise efforts. Whether it is clothes, gadgets, workout gear, something for your home or practically anything that makes you happy, you can take a break and go shopping. Just be careful not to overspend your money.
Whatever treat you decide to choose as a reward for your gym or fitness holiday efforts, be sure to pick something that makes you happy. That way you will retain your motivation for longer.
Motivate yourself with the team at 38 Degrees North and one of their fantastic fitness holiday options by calling 020 3051 8467.